Saturday, June 1, 2013

I can ICAD

Daisy Yellow  (Tammy Garcia) has her fellow art journalists keeping busy. In 2013, she usually gives us one prompt with six items, and challenges us to use all six in a single art journal creation. But in June and July, she's giving us weekly prompts, and a list of eight other prompts each week, which we can use daily. And she has no expectation that we will use any of them, as the challenge is simply to create art every day. Oh, there is one more catch. It needs to be on an index card. Thus it is ICAD, or Index Card A Day.

Here is the full story. You will have to scroll down through at all the ICAD entries to see the prompts, but right now as I write this, there's only one day of ICAD entries.

And here is my first ICAD. I actually followed three of the "daily" prompts (zebra, Candyland and faux stitching) and the weekly prompt to use colors of the rainbow.



I was also inspired by this very simple piece of artwork I found on Pinterest.

I have ideas for two more ICADS, and I have intentions to add one a day to this blog, with hopes I can continue after that. The reason is that each of my next two prompts are inspired by items on the daily list, but each also by other artwork, in these cases, some of my own recent art journal creations that I have not shared yet. So, to fully share my creative process, I plan to blog.

2 comments:

  1. :) A great first start. I look forward to seeing your cards throughout the challenge. I was so inspired by the cards I did last year. Daily creativity sparked off so many more ideas than I would have imagined.

    ReplyDelete