Friday, January 4, 2013

Colorado and the California Coast








Here's a sample of more than 100 photos, perhaps more than 200 taken over the two weeks of Dec. 20 through Jan. 3. We took what was essentially a two-week vacation during this time period, although we were back home the night of Dec. 26 and morning of Dec. 27.

The first part of our vacation was to take a trip to see our grandkids. James is a sweet boy who likes cuddling, so he was happy to get plenty of attention from me. Two-year-olds are not cuddly, and Abigail has definitely a more established bond with Grandma Kane than with her California grandparents, but she warmed up to Don and me quickly  and I hope will look forward when she's told she will see us again. At this time, we have no idea when that will be.

The second part of our trip was to Cayucos, California a beach town north of San Luis Opispo and Morro Bay. We spent New Year's with my parents.

It was so much fun. I am now trying to get life back to "normal," whatever that is when you are unemployed and have been for awhile. So as I process it, I'll probably post more about this trip, most likely in the form of scrapbook pages. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment