Wednesday, July 27, 2011

In memory of Tonee




Tonee



About five or six years ago, I met a nice lady named Tonee. She and my brother Aaron Van Curen were married four years ago earlier this month. My brother was 42, and Tonee, I just ascertained, was 59. This was my brother's first marriage, and I was happy that, even though it took him awhile, he at last found the love of his life.

But it was not meant to be. Although Aaron and Tonee had several great years together, Tonee had already had one bout with cancer before this. Last year it came back with a vengance, and Tonnee succumbed to this new bout today.

I don't know where Aaron and Tonee's family (she has three children, two sons-in-law and two granddaughters) will go on. But I hope they will treasure the memories they had with her. That's what this blog post will do for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment