Friday, August 2, 2013

On the bright side



It's just the name of an ongoing art journal challenge I participate in called A Year In The Life of An Art Journal. Challenges there are only twice a month, on the 15th and the 30th. The July 30 challenge is to do a journal page inspired by "On the bright side" and to use yellow.

My art journal largely follows prompts from other art journalists' blogs. Even so, Book 2, my current journal, is shaping up to be a book about the many good things in my life. So I could have just added yellow to a number of pages, but this one seemed to benefit from it the most. I'd already done all the journaling but the yellow (the words and the clouds) for a page about my dreams. Since then, I realized one of them, and was able to check that box. The other two are fairly realistic dreams as well, although #3 will take me a while to realize.

Adding yellow ink all over the page made it just look a little sunnier. And really, sometimes when it's super hot here in southern California, the sky almost looks yellow. Thankfully, it hasn't been that hot lately, except on my page.

5 comments:

  1. :) Love it! Thanks so much for commenting and linking to share with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rachel - I wish your prompts were a little more frequent, I enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you did a list! Thanks for playing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed your journal page. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete