Friday, February 22, 2013

Just for fun



There is absolutely nothing earth shattering or pithy about this blog entry, just that Tammy Garcia, host of the Daisy Yellow blog, asked everyone who entered her Prompt 6ix 8 challenge to post it on their own blog as well as Facebook. (Otherwise it would have just been on Facebook.) I guess I'll go ahead and tell you how this came about. Prompt 6ix 8's list was chandelier, sunflower, Magic markers, polka dots, joker and list.

Back int he summer or fall when Tammy was doing the No-Frills Paper Prompts and/or the Daily Paper Prompts, I came across one that said "learn a new word" and another that said "Use a playing card." So I learned the word Farceur. (on an obnoxious Fox News show) It means "joker."  Another one of her prompts said "draw a chandelier." Now back when I was doing her "Jump Start Your Art Journal" prompts, which I used over the spring and early summer months of 2012 to get myself started in this hobby, she said "use a chandelier." That one I used a photo I took of the chandelier at the Del Coronado hotel in Coronado. The more recent one I drew a chandelier from that photo. I think it was the same prompt, I'm not sure, that said to draw concentric circles and wavy lines with polka dots.

Also, if she isn't still doing it, for awhile Tammy was posting random lists on her blog, all of which she had recorded with a beautiful art journal entry. I tried to follow this inspiration for awhile, and on the back side of the page with my hand-drawn chandelier, I had a pretty nicely illustrated list of fruit.

That probably wouldn't have been my first choice of "list" art journal pages to cut up. At least one of my other list pages is borrrrrrring. That's when I stopped following the list inspiration.

But 6ix 8 needed a list. It also needed a sunflower and a joker. It already had polka dots, and it already had wavy lines and polka dots drawn with a marker. So I drew the sunflower and the joker. Then I cut out the list from the other side, glued a small scrap of paper into the hole and glued the list, now wrong side up, onto the "chandelier" page. To the other side of the scrap, and to the edges of that side of the page of paper, I glued a scrap of pattern paper. It's from the same collection (an old DCWV stack called Sweet) as I had used when I made the list page, so it looks nice and added some strawberries to the fruit that had been illustrating my list before.

I don't even know if that all made sense. But at least now I can say I blogged about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment