Saturday, February 4, 2012

Social Christmas and why I'm sometimes on the A list

Yes, I have Christmas, not Superbowl Sunday, on the brain. I am a scrapbooker, and I like scrapbooking photos mostly in the order I took them. (Although this photo is a repeat of one I scrapbooked last week).

This scrapbook page is about the 14 Christmas parties I have attended over the last four years. Most of them are the same kinds of Christmas parties most people go to, I suppose. Work-related parties. Parties for my husband's work, and parties for church groups I belong to. These parties are all fun ways to end a year with people I have come to care about.

Well, that takes care of a dozen of the 14 parties, anyhow. The other two I have attended are a little more special. These are the parties put on by Bobby Ball Talent Agency. Bobby Ball is my husband's agent for Hollywood commercials.

For these, we drive to a nice party place in Los Angeles. We walk up to a security guard, tell him the right secret word, and go in. Once inside,we are surrounded by mostly young, mostly attractive, mostly well-dressed people who want to be stars. Some of them will be. The rest are just a blast to be with.

No comments:

Post a Comment